Saturday, May 14, 2011

What's Left Out

Countrymen,

As a committed latecomer to technological innovation, I have been thinking about -- but not writing -- a blog of my own for some time.  I suppose I got serious about opening this possibility in the wake of the abuse I've taken over the last few years from establishment media after I joined the ranks of the "conspiracy nuts."  The trouble started with the 2007 publication of Bobby and J. Edgar, my treatment of the series of events that began when Joe Kennedy broke in as a bootlegger and ended with the assassination of John Kennedy and Bobby.

My research and reasoning is laid out in the controversial Chapter 19 of that embattled volume.  Well before the book came out the furor started, reflected in the astonishment expressed by traditional reviewers that a "respected historian," as I was still considered for the moment, would dare to question the conclusions of the Warren Commission.  Over the more recent decades experts from as wide a range as the chief investigator of the U.S. House of Representatives Select Committee on Assassinations to Richard Nixon -- who privately called the Warren Commission report "The greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American public" -- have echoed my fundamental conclusions.  Still, the coverup goes on. 

All this got me to thinking:  What else goes unexamined in the narrative media and government sources impose on us?  What else should we be considering?

This blog will attempt to pry open answers to a number of questions never answered -- and rarely asked -- about our public life.  Keep checking this blog.

Burton Hersh

3 comments:

  1. You've set the mission. Let's see your stuff.
    There is too much that is unexamined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your blog is better than your tennis.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. INVITATION TO SPEAK AT THOUGHT LEADERS @ CENTRE CLUB (OF TAMPA) OCTOBER 7, 2011.

    A good friend of mine, Dick Flemings, had a conversation with you about six months ago. Based on Dick and my follow up discussion, I am inviting you to speak October 7 to Thought Leaders @ Centre Club. As moderator, I am interested in presenting speakers that appeal to the senior executive and government leaders. Typically, our audience ranges between 50 and 100 for the luncheon meetings. My sense is your delivery of a profile of the Kennedy brothers would be a winning combination and draw for your presentation. Book sales are permissible. Your presentation will be allocated on hour, including Q&A.

    Tampa will host the RNC national convention in 2012. Thought Leaders July speaker will be the Hillsborough County Administrator. However, by design, we select speakers that represent diverse subject matter and point of view.

    I can be reached at john-nelson@mindspring.com, 813 805-0202. Hopefully, your schedule will accommodate our offer to speak to Thought Leaders @ Centre Club October 7, 2011.

    Professional regards,

    John L. Nelson

    ReplyDelete

Comments here